1. The Promotion is open only to residents of the Republic of Ireland over the age of 18.
2. Promotion is not open to employees of the Promoter or any member of their immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children & spouse regardless of where they live), any participating stores, affiliated companies, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
3. By taking part in this promotion individuals will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and be bound by them.
4. By entering this promotion you confirm that you are not breaching any laws regarding the legality of entering. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any entrant entering the promotion unlawfully.
5. The promotional period is from 09.11.21 to 02.01.22 and is open from 9am to 9pm daily.
6. To enter, entrants purchase a pack of McCain Roasts12 x 700 g and free text the word MCCAIN with the last 3 digits of the pack’s barcode as proof of purchase to 50100. (SMS provider is Puca).
7. Purchase necessary of McCain Roasts12x 700g.
8. Maximum of one entry per person per day.
9. The prize consists of a 2 night stay at Amber Springs Hotel, Co. Wexford, Ireland and for 2 adults and 2 children. Further details:
- Two night’s accommodation in one of our Amber Family Suites for two adults and two children
- Full Irish breakfast served in Kelbys Bistro every morning
- Three course dinner each evening in any of our three dining outlets of your choice for the family
- €100.00 Voucher for Beauty and Massage treatments in Cocoon Spa
- Complimentary Amber Park passes for the children to enjoy go-karts, mini golf, Archery and indoor Gamers Room onsite
10. Winners must contact prize provider with three preferred travel dates no later than six weeks prior to departure. At least one traveller must be aged 18 or over. To include two adults and two children for two nights. Voucher includes Spa Treatments to the value of €100.00. Please note spa treatments for Cocoon Spa must be booked in advance to avoid disappointment. Children are considered 0-12 years (children over the age of 12 years are considered at the adult rates). Voucher must be redeemed as a two night stay only. Voucher must be presented for redemption on arrival at the hotel. Voucher is non transferrable and has no monetary value. Voucher does not include beverage, car hire/travel costs, visas and personal expenses and anything not expressly included in the prize. Vouchers are non-refundable and valid for 5 years from date of issue. All vouchers are subject to availability and would exclude the following dates/holidays: December 24th – 26th, December 31st & Easter Weekends.
11. Winner will be selected by an independent adjudicator. The decision of the independent adjudicator is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. In the event the winner is uncontactable in the first instance, we will endeavour to try contacting them for up to 5 working days after our initial attempt, in which case if we have not heard back from them, another winner will be selected.
13. The prize Recipient must be over the age of 18 years.
14. Winner may be requested to participate in unpaid publicity as required by the Promoter.
15. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. In the event of unforeseen circumstances outside the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible or fail to be redeemed by the relevant closing date for any reason including without limitation, any errors, omissions, interruptions or delays in operation or transmission, any communications line failure or for traffic congestions or any unauthorised human act. The promoter accepts no responsibility for errors outside of the promoters control such as connectivity issues, issues with the device entered on or unforeseen issues that may arise.
17. Any malicious or manipulative attempt to influence the outcome of the promotion will result in disqualification. Automated entries will be automatically disqualified. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the terms and conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfil any prize awarded.
18. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion and/or these terms and conditions at any stage but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
19. The decision of the Promoter is final.
21. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid provide always that the promotion can still run as intended.
22. All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in relation to the prizes are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall be under no liability whatsoever or howsoever in connection with any loss, damage or injury which is suffered as a direct or indirect result of any of the prizes and the competition except that no attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of the negligence of the Promoter.
23. The surname and county of the winners may be obtained by sending a stamped address envelope titled ‘McCain Dunnes Stores Promotion’ to Pluto, Frankfort House, Vergemount Hall, Clonskeagh Road, Dublin 6 within 90 day of the closing date.
24. This promotion is governed by Irish Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
25. The Promoter (the ‘Promoter’) and Data Controller is McCain Foods Ltd, Suite 31, The Hyde Building, The Park, Carrickmines, Dublin 19.
Data Protection Statement 90 days
This statement describes how we use your personal information in connection with this Promotion. Please take time to read it carefully. The Data Controller is McCain Foods Ltd, Suite 31, The Hyde Building, The Park, Carrickmines, Dublin 19. T: +353 (0) 861070207.
The personal information collected by us includes your name, phone number, email address and any other details furnished by you in entering the Promotion. If you are awarded a prize we may contact you for more information such as your home address to administer or deliver that prize.
We will not use the personal information provided for direct marketing, or provide it to any other organisation for that purpose.
1. The purpose and legal basis for processing your information
We collect your personal information to enter into a contract with you to enter a promotion. If you do not provide us with all of the information we request we may not be able to enter you into the Promotion or award you the prize.
We may also use your personal information to manage the Promotion in our legitimate interests, including to maintain financial records and to prevent or detect fraud.
2. Your Information and Third Parties
Third Party Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third party service providers that perform services and functions associated with the Promotion at our discretion and on our behalf such as our marketing company, prize fulfilment agency, IT service providers, lawyers and other business advisors and other providers of security and administration services.
An Gardaí, Government Bodies or officials: We may share your personal information with and Gardaí or other government bodies or agencies where required to do so by law.
3. Storage Periods
We will hold your data for approximately 90 days beyond the termination of the Promotion for the purposes of reporting and responding to queries. Details of prize winners will be held in accordance with our legal and record-keeping obligations.
4. Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area if we need to do so for the administration of the Promotion. These countries do not always afford an equivalent level of privacy protection and in such circumstances we will take specific steps, in accordance with data protection law, to protect your personal information. In particular for transfers of personal data, outside the EEA where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission we may rely on contractual protections approved by the European Commission.
5. Your rights
You have several rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge to:
1. Check what type of personal data we hold about you and what we do with that information. You are also entitled to receive a copy of this information.
2. Rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you
3. Erase personal information we hold about you
4. Stop us from using your personal information in certain cases, including if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or our use of your information is unlawful. If you exercise this right, we will store your personal information and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved.
5. Object to us using your personal information where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your information. We will stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate overriding legitimate grounds for the continued processing of this information; and
6. Receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to have that data transmitted to another data controller.
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details contained here. We will endeavour to respond to your request within a month. If we are unable to deal with your request within a month we may extend this period by a further two months and we will explain why.