Can You Catch the Lighter Home Chips Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Registered office: McCain Foods GB Ltd, Havers Hill, Eastfield, Scarborough YO11 3BS. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENTRIES TO THIS ADDRESS.
1) This competition is open to residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) aged 18 or over.
2) This competition excludes employees of McCain Foods GB Ltd (the “Promoter”), its affiliated companies, distributors, agents or anyone else professionally connected to the Promotion including members of their immediate families.
3) Internet access and a Twitter or Instagram or Facebook account is required.
4) Entries are limited to one per person, per day. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details, including but not limited to, creating multiple Twitter accounts will be disqualified. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is reposting the same content multiple times or using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified, and any prize award will be void.
5) Max one prize per person for the duration of the promotion.
6) The promotion is open from between 13.03.19 – 15.03.19 and 18.03.19 – 22.03.19 and 25.03.19 – 29.03.19 and 01.04.19 – 03.04.19.
7) Entrants are required to:
- Reply to the McCain Twitter or Facebook Lighter Home Chips competition video post or the McCain Lighter Home Chips competition Instagram Story.
By entering this promotion, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8) Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
9) Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
10) Unique entries only will be accepted. Any person trying to enter the same content on Twitter or Facebook or Instagram more than once will be disqualified.
11) The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded as being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter or Facebook or Instagram communities, or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. As someone who enters the promotion, your use of Twitter or Facebook or Instagram is subject to the terms and conditions located here:
12) Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any post –
- contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- includes the names of any individual without their express permission; or
- in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, causes any widespread or serious offense (taking into account prevailing community views or standards).
13) By participating in the promotion, the entrants licence and grant the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. Participants also warrant that any person featured has given their express permission and/or any child (under 16 years) has parental or guardian consent.
No cash or other alternative prizes are available in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value at the Promoter’s discretion.
The prize in whole or in part is non-transferable.
For the duration of the promotion, there is one prize per day per platform available to be won.
The prize is detailed below:
One voucher (to the value of £2) to be used to purchase a bag of Lighter Home Chips (or another McCain product up to the value of £2).
Winner Selection and Notification
Random prize draws will be performed by an independent third party at the end of the promotion for all entries received between 13.03.19 – 15.03.19 and 18.03.19 – 22.03.19 and 25.03.19 – 29.03.19 and 01.04.19 – 03.04.19.
All entries received between 13.03.19 – 15.03.19 and 18.03.19 – 22.03.19 and 25.03.19 – 29.03.19 and 01.04.19 – 03.04.19 will be entered into one prize draw per day per platform.
The winner will be notified via Direct Message on Twitter or Facebook or Instagram within 24 hours of the prize draw and will be required to provide personal details to enable us to contact to progress with prize fulfilment; including full name, phone number, email address and home address. All details will be kept secure, used only for the purpose of the campaign and deleted upon completion of fulfilment.
If the winner does not reply within 7 calendar days of initial contact, their prize will then be offered to a reserve winner who will also be chosen during the random draw.
The prize must be claimed by 30th June 2019.
The Promoter is not responsible for the acts or default of third party suppliers but will endeavour to resolve any issues that may arise.
The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters.
If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries.
If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 7 calendar days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise, where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
Winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook or Instagram. By entering the promotion, all participants accept that they have no claim against Twitter or Facebook or Instagram and agree to a complete liability release for Twitter or Facebook or Instagram.
If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
34) This promotion is subject to English Law and the entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, unless they live in another part of the UK, in which they can choose to take court action in their local courts.
The Promoter shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting.
The Promoter also reserves the right to cancel this promotion if circumstances arise outside of its control.
39) The Promoter will only process your personal data supplied for the administration of the promotion and for no other purpose, unless we have your consent. Your personal details will at all times be kept confidential and in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can request access to your personal data, or have any inaccuracies rectified, by sending an email to McCainPrivacy@mccain.com.By participating in the Promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described here.
Yours personal data shall be retained for as long as it is required in connection with the purpose above and any record-keeping requirements, but any other personal data which has been collected but is not required for these purposes shall be promptly deleted.
You have the right to access the personal data and, if such personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, to request the rectification of such personal data. Depending on the circumstances, you also have a right to erasure, objection, restriction and data portability. Finally, if you are not happy with the way we handle or process your Information, you can always lodge a complaint with your data protection authority (www.ico.org.uk).